Getting a library card is easy!
- There is no fee for residents of Carlow/Mayo Township. Non-residents are welcome to join the Library at a cost of $10.00 per family; $5.00 per senior or single person.
- Membership to the Library will be granted to individuals who provide verification of address and identification by showing a document bearing his/her name and current address.
- Children under the age of 12 must register for membership accompanied by a parent or guardian who presents information with name and address, and signs for responsibility for fines, damages and lost items.
- Only members of the Library in good standing will be allowed to borrow library materials.
- Materials may be borrowed by either presenting the membership card or valid identification.
- Lost or damaged cards will be replaced.
- The card is the property of Carlow/Mayo Public Library and must be returned on request.
- Lost or theft of a card must be reported immediately. Members are responsible for any materials borrowed on their cards until loss or theft is reported.
- Membership expires annually. Renewal requires verification of the member’s name, address, telephone number and payment of outstanding monies owing to the Library.